Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What to do with all those leftover spaghetti noodles....make a Frittata

What to do with leftover spaghetti….
make a Frittata.
By
GosselinGirl
Frittata is an egg-based dish similar to an
omelette or quiche, enriched with additional ingredients such as meats, cheeses, vegetables or pasta. It may be flavored with herbs.
I love to cook and I am always looking for different recipes to try out. One day while visiting my friend, we got to talking about different ways to make spaghetti. I told her that my husband loved to eat spaghetti, but I always seemed to have too many noodles leftover after dinner. So, the two of us went online and started looking for what to do with all these extra noodles. What we came up with was a recipe that we could make with the leftover noodles and eggs.
Recipe
Whisk together 6 eggs,¼ cup of milk, 1 cup of leftover spaghetti noodles, salt, and pepper. Pour into a skillet and cook over medium heat about 6-8 minutes or until eggs are set. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. **You can double the recipe if you have a lot of noodles leftover and really add just about any garnish you want. Any meats that you have leftover such as bacon or ham make this a quick and simple meal to serve in no time at all.
I really like to get creative with this dish and have added many different toppings to give it a creative twist. Give it a try and I guarantee you will like it. J

No comments:

Post a Comment