Wednesday, June 22, 2011


I’m sailing away…
By
GosselinGirl
     I have a dream of peacefulness in my life. I see this dream most often when I look out at the ocean. The waves entice me with their comings and goings. I long to be free…to just sail away on a little boat and be free in my thoughts.
     Life seems so difficult everywhere you look. Things are changing so drastically and to be really free of all the burdens and painful things I see each day…I must set sail in another direction in my life. I must sail away to a new place and a new start.
     Letting go of this past year will be such a big relief. When you are wronged by the people around you, it takes time to heal. I have learned a great deal about myself during this time. I have learned that I am so much stronger than I ever imagined. I have learned that is doesn’t matter what people say or do to me…the ones who truly know me…love me just the way I am.
     It has taken a toll on me and until I looked deep inside myself, I didn’t see a resolution to this hurtful year. Sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and say enough and sail away. It doesn’t mean you are a quitter. It actually means you are a survivor and some people are just not worth the fight.
     I am proud of myself for being so strong. Yes, I have had my moments when I doubted who I really was as a human being. I doubted that I was worthy of all life has to offer. What changed that perspective….Love. Love from my family and friends.
     I spend a lot of time on the beach. Somehow, during those long walks life takes on a totally different perspective for me. I see myself in a little boat heading out to sea, with no worries and no set course. It is a feeling that is indescribable for me. I feel free for once in along time. Free to go and be whatever I want to be. I have learned to not care what others think about me. It is not their life, not their choices, not their decisions, and for once I am taking ME back.
     I am sailing away. I am taking charge in my life and I am determined to be happy all the way around once again. I am taking back what was taken from me and I am doing it all with a smile. I have learned that I can survive on a lot less. I have learned that everything solves itself sooner or later. I have learned to just let go and be free in my life. So many people are burdened with bondages from all that life throws at them. I don’t care about the big cars, big houses, or what big money can buy. I just want to live and enjoy the journey.
     Come sail away with me. Let go of all the things in life that trouble you and set yourself free. Worrying got me no where. Carrying all this baggage that was not mine to carry only made me cry. I am finally rich inside and out. Not with what money can buy, but with grace that is abundant in my life each day. I have learned that no matter what life tosses my way…tomorrow is going to be a better day.
     Come with me…let go of your pain and sail away with me into uncharted waters. Let go and set yourself free. Put aside the things that you cannot change in your life and start living with happiness in your heart.
     As for me, grace is all I need anymore. To know that no matter what, God has it all figured out. It is not mine to carry anymore. Not mine to worry about anymore. Not mine to solve anymore. So, I am free. Free like I have never been before and oh how great I feel.
Won’t you come sailing away with me…just let go and be free.
Come Sail Away
by
Styx


I'm sailing away,
Set an open course for the virgin sea,
'Cause I've got to be free,
Free to face the life that's ahead of me,
on board, I'm the captain, so climb aboard,
We'll search for tomorrow on every shore,
And I'll try, Oh Lord I'll try, to carry on


I look to the sea,
Reflections in the waves spark my memory,
Some happy, some sad,
I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had,
We lived happily forever, so the story goes,
But somehow we missed out on the pot of gold
But we'll try best that we can to carry on


A gathering of angels appeared above my head,
They sang to me this song of hope and this is what they said,
They said come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me lads,
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me lad,
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me,
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me babe,
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me


I thought that they were angels, but much to my surprise,
We climbed aboard their starship, we headed for the skies
come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me lads
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me
Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me...

Come Sail Away Music Video
by Styx


Relaxing music, ocean waves, and images of beautiful Kauai (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment