Monday, August 15, 2011

Mirror, mirror, on the wall
By
GosselinGirl


We all look in the mirror each day. Whether it be to put on our makeup, brush our hair, or simply wash our face…everyone looks in the mirror. What you see looking back is a totally different thing.

Last year, was the hardest year of my life. A victim of circumstances beyond my control, I simply didn’t like what was happening to me in the mirror. Some days when I looked in the mirror I saw much sadness. My heart was heavy because of certain things  people were doing to me. I had lost my job because of lies told by others. Lies that were so horrific in nature that they would bring anyone to their knees. Other days when I looked in the mirror I saw a smile for only a short moment. My mind was in a torment with itself. I felt worthless and heartbroken in so many ways.

As months passed and I continued to fight against those who had wronged me…I began to see a glimmer of hope.

When I looked in the mirror, my eyes seemed to be brighter. My skin color was more radiant and my hair was actually done. At this point in my bad year, I had won my first lawsuit against the accusers. I won my name back, my pride, and my integrity. No longer was I labeled as the bad person. Hope was coming back into my life.

A couple of months later when I looked in the mirror, I saw a big smile from ear to ear. When you fight back in a battle against the wrong being done to you, a smile is major progress. I was regaining my happiness, because I had won the second lawsuit against my accuser…my state license.

I believe you can take and take just so much from somebody and eventually their mirror is going to either crack or break completely. Luckily for me, somewhere, somehow, I found the strength inside to fight the good fight. I put on my armor and challenged every negative statement made about me. Every lie, every false comment, and every single detail went under my microscope to be investigated more thoroughly. If I was going to go down, then I was going to go out with a fight. My mirror was cracked, but by no means was she broken.



As I sat one day alone in my thoughts, I knew I had it inside me to keep up the good fight. Looking around me, I noticed 4 large binders of information I had collected to prove  that I was not what they made me out to be. I looked in the mirror hard and long that day and I decided to put on my fighting face. I hired a lawyer and began a very long journey to take back what others so thoughtlessly were trying to take away from me. I was cracked, but I could still see me in the mirror.

From that day forward, I began to stand up straighter, smile more, and started being selfish a bit. Sometimes being selfish is not all bad. I started doing my hair, nails, makeup, and I started laughing a lot more.

Month after month passed and I got stronger the longer I fought the battle. My mirror began to look a lot less hazy in appearance. With two cases behind me, I was so ready for the third and final battle. This battle would be the hardest, for my accusers would have to eat their words that maybe what they said about me really wasn’t the truth. I don’t know about you, but people squirm when they are caught in a lie. My accusers actually were at a loss for words.

When employers ask to settle out of court, don’t be fooled because it is actually an admittance to wrong doings on their part. While you might not get an... I am sorry for what I did…choke, choke, you might also get a reward in a dollar value for all of your pain and suffering. Even though it will never come close to what you are really worth, it will make you a winner in the end.

Looking in the mirror today, tells me many things. It shows me a face of a survivor, someone who did not stand down in troubled times, a warrior with a strong armor, a fighter of justice, an advocate for others, and in the end it shows me…ME.  Me, someone who is loved by many, someone who is worthy, and someone who was honest and fought back against those who wanted to take all that I knew and loved.

So, when you look in the mirror and are faced with a life challenge, look deeply. Look into your eyes and see the fire to fight back, look into your heart and believe you can make it, listen to your words and tell yourself that you are so worth it, and listen to your instincts, for they will never lead you astray.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall, Who is the fairest of them all?

YOU!!!


This blog was written for BFF #114 Miror, mirror, on the wall

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, I am so sorry you had to go through this and so happy you were victorious in the end. What a wonderfully strong person you see when you look in the mirror. You also see someone I feel very blessed to call my friend!!

    Kathy
    http://www.thetruckerswife.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy for your sweet comments. I feel so blessed to have you as a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! You really had a bad time, didn't you? I understand how hard it is to decide to fight back with the law, but when you are right, you are right. I'm glad you found the strength to fight back. Wonderful mirror blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I feel your pain and heartache with each word. I am so glad you were able to fight for what is right and true. You are a true champion!
    - Susan Dusterhoft

    ReplyDelete